GLASS TOPICS / GLASSWARE HELP
This page is dedicated to increasing your knowledge of hand-crafted glassware. We want you to be comfortable ordering from us, and as such, we think educating the consumer is the best strategy. We feel it is important for you to understand the imperfections that come along with "unique" pieces, and to know how to take care of this special glass.
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR GLASSWARE:
Taking a few moments to care for your glassware will help keep it brilliant and clear throughout a lifetime of use. We recommend the following care:
• Do not expose to rapid temperature changes or extremes of temperature.
• Do not place in the microwave, oven, dishwasher, or freezer.
• Avoid placing in direct sunlight.
• For best results, avoid contact with metal utensils when stirring or serving.
• Store your glassware right side up; do not stack vessels. Avoid sliding or twirling the glass.
• Avoid contact with hard or abrasive materials. You may wish to cover display areas with protective felt.
• Avoid packing glassware in newspaper or other moisture-absorbing materials for long periods of time; soft cloth or bubble wrap is preferable.
CLEANING YOUR GLASSWARE:
• First and foremost to keep in mind is that fine glassware is NOT dishwasher safe. Washing these products in the dishwasher will cause dramatic loss of color in the luster, along with a fading of the 24k gold accents (where applicable).
• Hand wash using a non-abrasive cleaner in warm water. You may wish to cushion the sink with a towel or rubber mat.
• If stains appear on the vessel, gently rub with half a lemon, wash with vinegar, or soak the interior with powdered dentifrice dissolved in lukewarm water.
• In areas with very hard water and high mineral content, distilled water will help prevent staining.
• To dry, use a soft, lint-free cloth, or air dry.
• To avoid scratching, dust with a soft, lint-free cloth dampened in a mild solution of 1-part ammonia to 3-parts water.
Note: All prices in US Dollars